Travelling has become one of the most sought after mode of relaxation for people with stressful jobs and a way to leave the humdrum behind. Travelling is also a hobby enjoyed by many, after all the thrill of visiting new places and experiencing new cultures can be very enriching. But traveling usually involves air, rail and road transport, which can be repetitive and even taxing, as one needs to plan the entire itinerary from reaching the destination to staying and touring the place etc. But what if all these can be done in a single go by just choosing a cruise and book the tickets.
Cruise trips are adventurous and enthralling with many activities planned along with meals, sightseeing, and entertainment. Board the cruise and it is done, it is a hotel which moves from destination to destination all the while you can enjoy the water and great food.
WHY TAKE A CRUISE TRIP?
Passengers can be a bit bothered about a vacation on the water and staying on a cruise for a long time. But cruise holidays have some excitements too like:
- One need to unpack only once, as the hotel is traveling with the traveler and there is no need to carry ones luggage from place to place.
- Everything is planned beforehand and there will be no confusion regarding dining, relaxation, activities, sightseeing and even spa and games.
- As the cruise sail from port to port, one can experience a different culture and places in a single trip.
- Cruise ships go everywhere, whether small port cities or small islands spread across the ocean. Cruises travel through seas, lakes, rivers and the experiences that come with them are diverse and fun.
- Food, accommodation, amenities etc are all consistent, though the quality may differ from cruise to cruise. Usually, food changes when cruise moves from one exotic port to another and everything is already paid for.
- Passengers get to meet some new and interesting people, all the while traveling to different destinations.
- And one of the best perks is that one gets to stay near water and enjoy the vast and ethereal beauty of open waters.
SOME SETBACKS OF A CRUISE VACATION
Though cruise vacations are always a great affair and one can enjoy it to the fullest. But there can be some things that can irk the passengers a bit like:
- Accommodations can be a bit crampy and small; one should always check the square footage before booking.
- Food and entertainment can get a bit boring at times; so find your own entertainment on board.
- Daily safety drills can get repetitive, but it’s for safety so one can go with it.
- Excursions can get expensive at times; so hire a taxi and explore on your own.
- Some cruises can charge extra for many facilities; better to go through the details before booking.
These setbacks can be very insignificant when it comes to a great experience of a luxurious cruise vacation.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND BEFORE PLANNING A CRUISE TRIP
One should always go through all the basics and details before planning a trip on the water. Things to pay attention to are:
- Room and accommodation.
- Food and dining facilities.
- Trip length.
- The type of people who will be on board.
- Guest to staff ratio.
- On-board payments and extra charges.
- Ports which will be visited.
From many cruise line options to choose from, one can select a cruise keeping in mind their needs, affordability, and places they want to visit.